Terms & Conditions
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is registered in Samaipata, Bolivia under business license Nr. 000394, Padron Nr. FRJ01873 as an “Agencia de Tourismo”.Office location: Casa El Barquito, Camino a San Juan del Rosario, Barrio Arriba, Samaipata, Santa Cruz, Bolivia.Telephone: 00591-67777277, 00591-3-944-6716
Its activities are described on www.boliviamotorcycleadventures.com
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
All participants need to speak English or another international language.
By booking a tour with Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures you accept these Terms and Conditions as well as the declarations of the pre-tour briefing, as a binding contract between Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures and you, the participant.
Please read all Terms and Conditions carefully.
Agents and representatives
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures agents and representatives represent Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures but are not a party to this contract. Nor are they responsible or liable for failure to provide any service as may be described in our literature pertaining to the contract.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures reserves the right to include guests, without notice on the tours.
Reservation, deposit, payment and cancellation policy
A non-refundable deposit of 10% is required at the time of booking. This deposit secures a place on the tour.
Final payment is due 6 weeks before the tour commences. If the total balance is not received 6 weeks before tour start, Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures reserves the right to cancel the reservation without refund.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures does not refund payments in case the tour is cancelled by the participant.
The participant is responsible for obtaining adequate travel insurance which covers an eventual trip cancelation and PLB services.
Motorcycle and insurance
Motorcycles are provided as part of the tour package, the type and brand may vary to fit the type of riding on each tour. All photos of motorcycles on Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures website are promotional do not always represent the exact version of the motorcycles provided. Please ask if you need more detailed information.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures reserves the right to substitute the motorcycle confirmed to tour participants. The tour will not interrupted due to the inability of a participant to ride or for any other reason during the tour.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not obliged to replace a damaged motorcycle.
Motorcycles provided by Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures have the obligatory SOAT insurance which, in the event of an accident, covers only basic medical expenses of the injured parties involved up to 3.500 USD per person.
When a participant brings their own motorcycle for use on a tour, no motorcycle insurance is provided by Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures.
Price of tour includes
Everything is included which is required for a normal, foreseen tour process, as planned and described on BMA´s website and into the initial briefing.
The tour price includes: 650cc Dual Sport motorcycle with SOAT insurance, fuel, road tax and tolls, accommodation based on double occupancy, 3 daily meals, 3rd party tours and/or excursions as detailed in the itinerary, entrances, support vehicle with guide/mechanic, spare-parts, medical material and on some tours also a bike trailer or a spare bike, multi-lingual guide on motorcycle, airport transfers from Santa Cruz to Samaipata and vice versa.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will not assume the cost, or compensate the cost in case of a tour participant choses a different accommodation or restaurant than previewed in the tour program.
Price of tour does not include
The tour price does not include: Bolivia flight, alcoholic drinks, mini-bar, laundry service, traffic fines, activities on rest days and half rest days and other personal items not mentioned as included.
A limited number of single rooms are available at extra cost on a first come, first served basis but availability cannot be guaranteed. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will attempt to find a roommate for single/solo participants not specifying a single room on their booking. Participants that occupy a single room due to the unavailability of a roommate will not be charged the single room surcharge.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures assumes no responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivering luggage to tour participants. Luggage turned over to Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures for transport each day is done so at the participant’s own risk. Luggage insurance is recommended.
A maximum of one soft bag piece of luggage of approximately 60 liter, weighing 20 kg per person is accepted
Minimum tour participants
There is no minimum number of participants for standard tours. Each standard tour that is booked by at least 1 participant will be executed. If there are less than 3 tour participants, we ride the tour without assistance vehicle, only with a lead guide on motorcycle.
For custom made tours there is a minimum of 3-4 participants, depends on the planned tour, unless specified otherwise.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures has the right to cancel a tour in case of force majeure, as natural disasters, civil unrest or acts of war in the direct tour area.
In this case, the participants will be notified immediately and Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will refund their payment in full, which will constitute the full settlement. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by the tour participant due to the cancellation of the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of pre-paid airline tickets and hotel reservations.
Situations may arise which in our opinion, make it necessary for us to advance or postpone a scheduled tour, change itineraries or make substitutions regarding hotels, cities, tour guides and other travel arrangements. In that event, we do not assume responsibility or liability for any resulting losses, expenses or inconveniences. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not required to make refunds once a tour commences regardless of the reason for participants being unable to complete his or her tour.
Some tours operate on a seasonal basis and where seasonal variances and/or weather conditions cause changes in the tour routing or accommodation, the itinerary will be adjusted accordingly and alternate hotels and roads will be used. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures cannot be made liable for unpleasant or unsuitable weather conditions and no refunds are made for such conditions.
If a participant does not comply with traffic laws, BMA´s safety procedures, Terms and Conditions and group travel regulations, Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures reserves the right to cancel the contract and secure the motorcycle.
Photographic and video material
Photographs and videos produced by Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures or its representatives concerning activities on tour are the property of Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures. The copyrights rest with Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures can use all of this material for advertising and marketing purposes, including images in which individual tour members can be recognized, no fee will be paid to the participant for this use of material by Bolivia motorcycle adventures.
Any participant wishing to be incognito and not appear in any published materials, should notify Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures before the tour starts.
Airport transfers are organized with 7-8 passengers minibuses by local taxi companies.
A maximum of 4-5 guests and their luggage can be comfortably accommodated. BMA has no influence on the specific model used.
Special excursions are made with local tour operators and their boats or off-road vehicles. The common boats are 9-seater and the most commonly used 4WD vehicles can accommodate 6 guests and their luggage.
For guests with special space requirements, it is possible to configure boats and 4WD vehicles individually for an additional charge.
Passport, visa, driving and health regulations
The participant is responsible for complying with all of the regulations listed and assumes all consequences resulting from non-compliance.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is responsible for providing the services listed in the tour description. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is responsible for conscientious travel preparations. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not responsible or liable for any accidents. Furthermore, it is agreed and understood that the owners, operators and agents of this tour and Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures are not the guardians of any participant’s safety and they, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any accident, Injury or death as a result of non-defensive riding, negligence or riding ability of the participant. Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not responsible for any delays, changes in schedule or other conditions.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not responsible for consequences due to inappropriate bike gear.
Canceled participants for health problems, leave or giving up
Tour participants are requested to provide all medical or other information that may possibly influence the tour process in the personal information page of the Tour Contract. This information will be treated confidentially.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is not liable for extra transport (participants and bikes), medical consultation, hospitalization, board and lodging, alternative program or any additional costs outside the normal tour program. If for any reason the participant is unable to complete the tour or tour stages they must pay a sur charge for repatriation of themselves and the motorcycle (especially in low infrastructure areas).
If the tour process is compromised by a significant number of canceled participants, Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will coordinate the future availability with the tour group before the tour continues.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures recommends that all Riders take out adequate travel insurance that covers: Health, accidents, juridical protection, damage, theft and trip cancellation.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures can advise you as to where a suitable insurance can be obtained, but bares no responsibility.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will take all possible steps to identify and minimize potential dangers. However the Riders must respect BMA´s safety policies, follow the guide’s instructions and observe the advice presented in the initial briefing. You the participant agree to compensate Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures and our staff for any damage or injury as a result of your failure to follow our instructions and safety policies. We reserve the right to withdraw the motorcycle from any participant who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others as well as his tour bike. We also reserve the right to cancel the tour agreement at any time if we become concerned for any reason for Rider´s safety or that of any other person.
General terms of motorcycle use
The tour participant that uses a motorcycle supplied by Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures will be called the “Rider”.
The Rider will:
- Not operate the motorcycle or permit it to be operated, while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Respect Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures safety policies.
- Ride safely and responsible.
- Respect group travel regulations.
- Follow guide´s instructions.
- Ride always in appropriate and full bike protection gear.
- Do not permit any other person to ride your motorcycle.
- Take all reasonable care in handling and parking the motorcycle.
- Pillion passenger (two-up) is not permitted unless specified in their booking.
- Notify Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures immediately when any significant damage occurs to the motorcycle whether or not it renders the motorcycle unrideable.
- Do not operate the motorcycle, or permit it to be operated, in any race, speed test, rally or contest or to propel or tow any other vehicle.
- Not operate the motorcycle or permit it to be operated, in breach of any legislation of by laws relating to road traffic.
- Not allow anyone to perform any type of significant mechanical repair or work on the motorcycle beyond minor maintenance such as tightening cables, mirrors or bolts, unless they are a certified mechanic or approved by Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures.
The rider is liable to pay for:
- Any parking or traffic fines.
- The replacement cost of any lost or damaged keys, registration and/or insurance papers, license-plate.
- The full tour charge is applicable for the duration of the tour period despite any early return of the motorcycle and accessories at the discretion of the Rider.
- Riders are responsible for material damage to the motorcycles. This includes, but is not limited to: All damage caused by falls, abnormal use, pothole damage, brake disc damage for unappropriated use, broken mirrors, brake- and clutch-levers, cosmetic damage such as dents and scratches, engine damage due to the lack of oil or coolant or neglected signs of mechanical failure.
- Riders are responsible for costs resulting from accidents not covered by the obligated SOAT insurance. These costs can include and are not limited to: Personal medical costs, medical costs of any injured parties, vehicle damage, vehicle transportation/towing, any legal costs that might arise.
- It is not clear in Bolivia how much alcohol constitutes “under the influence”, therefore it is our policy not to consume any alcohol when there is still riding to be done.
- All charges under this clause are payable on demand.
Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures is liable for
- Supply the motorcycle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Provide no warranties to the Rider in respect of the motorcycle or accessories and excludes all implied warranties.
- Accept no responsibility or liability, except for its obligations under the tour agreement, for any costs, expenses, damages (including any damages for loss of enjoyment) or any other liabilities resulting from any damage to the motorcycle or accessories (whether accidental or Otherwise), breakdown or any other failure of the motorcycle or accessories, irrespective of whether Bolivia Motorcycle Adventures was in any way negligent.
- Not be liable to the Rider nor to anyone claiming through or under the Rider for any indirect, special or consequential damages arising in any way out of any matter covered by the tour agreement.
The best way to explore Bolivia by motorcycle
Need more information?